Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer Activities

Summer has been a refreshing break from our regular "school year" activities.

Summer started for Marley with a trip to Victoria, BC with her grandma. This was a wonderful, really memorable trip. We went to Buschart Gardens, on a harbour tour, took her to an IMAX movie, toured the Parliament Buildings, visited a historic castle, had tea and toured the city on foot. She was amazing and walked everywhere, pretty great for a 79 year old woman. Then again, one person selling tickets to us at an event wasn't sure she qualified for the "Senior" ticket price. He thought she was under 65. That's how lively she is. What an inspiration!

One of the most fun events was a camping trip with our friends David and Zoe from Corvallis. We camped in the Metolius River area. During another weekend, we all stayed with David's grandparents in LaPine. Both weekends were SUPER fun, full of laughs. We have found that we really mesh well with the Strobel's. We can't wait to go to Mexico with them later this year!!!

Another highlight was celebrating our three year anniversary in Las Vegas. Ryan planned a surprise trip all by himself. It was such a wonderful treat. We had a direct flight and landed in Vegas on a Thursday night. After checking in, we headed straight for In-In-Out. So good. Touring the strip was so fun. The architecture was especially intriguing for Marley. We went on a murder mystery trip that was totally unique. Each of the two comedy nights were entertaining. We both laughed hard...even Ryan who is really difficult to crack. The best event was "O" by Cirque de Oeil. Everyone should see this production. It was bizarre and beautiful. Contrary to popular belief, Las Vegas is not a dirty city, it is an adult Disneyland without strollers. So fun!

The rest of summer was filled with camping trips with other friends, trips to Eugene, floating the river, weddings, a trip to Port Orford to visit family and so much more. It isn't even over yet. Yeah!

4 comments:

David and Zoe said...

Yay! Found your blog...Maybe you should post the video I emailed to ryan on your blog!!!

Brenda said...

3 years! Wow, time goes so quickly!! :) Congrats you two, and GO Ryan for planning a trip! So glad you guys have had a fun summer w/camping trips and all! Hope you are both well. Miss seeing you guys! :)

nreygers said...

I can't believe you've been married for 3 years!!!!! That is so awesome:) I am so glad that everything is going well. I love you both and will be in OR this next week if you can stop in Eugene. I'm there from the 23-27 and then I go to Portland... Also, Will and I will make the trek to OR this Thanksgiving so if August doesn't work maybe November will! Take care:)

Carla said...

Hey guys, very interesting and fun to read your blog. Thanks for sharing! I hope I can hang out with both of you soon...:) Carla